Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Puerto Apple Cocktail


A round of golf today for Olga which went well.  I am planning to build a small liquor table/cabinet to hold all the bottles my latest venture has resulted in so I spent the morning designing and then buying the wood for it.

Tonight I picked a 'Puerto Apple Cocktail' mainly because I like the name....

The recipe from page 141:

1 1/2 oz Applejack (Laird's)
3/4 oz Rum (Bacardi)
1 tablespoon lime juice
1 oz Orgeat Syrup (Home-made)

Shake with ice and strain into old-fashioned glass over ice cubes.
Decorate with a slice of lime

Neither of us enjoyed this cocktail. It had very little taste and none of the ingredients were distinguishable. Pity!

There is a tale about the Orgeat Syrup. I couldn't find any locally so I looked up a recipe on the internet. Screwed up the first batch so I had a redo. It cost me about $30. I found some in Baton Rouge last week for less than $5! So much for resourcefulness.

I did like the pictures Olga took so here's another one
Enjoy the day.

1 comment: