Friday, December 17, 2010

Spring Feeling Cocktail

I found a 'Spring Feeling Cocktail' on page 164 of the Bartender's Guide. Although yesterday (75 degrees F) was a beautiful day, today was a disappointment ... unless you like cold and windy! Anyway, I was trying to rush the season (fat chance), therefore, this drink.

1 tablespoon Lemon Juice (Meyer)
1/2 oz Chartreuse (Green)
1 oz Gin (Booth's)

Shake with ice and strain into cocktail glass.
I garnished with an orange slice.

Neither Olga or I enjoyed the drink. We've come up with an easy standard to determine whether or not the cocktail is good; would you order this drink if you had to pay for it? The answer from both of us was a resounding no.  I like Chartreuse, but the combination with the lemon juice and Gin just wasn't good.

Oh, well. We'll try again tomorrow.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment