Monday, December 27, 2010

Blood-and-Sand Cocktail

Tonight I prepared a cocktail using another cocktail glass my daughter gave me and one a dear neighbor gave us. Both are great for the holiday season and add a little extra to the cocktails they contain.

I selected a 'Blood-and-Sand Cocktail' for tonight.  It is on page 42 of our Bartender's Guide.

The recipe:

1 tablespoon Orange Juice
1/2 oz Scotch (Dewar's White Label)
1/2 oz Cherry Brandy (LeRoux)
1/2 oz Sweet Vermouth (Noilly Prat)

Shake with ice and strain into cocktail glass.
I used an orange slice and cherry as a garnish.

Actually the mixologist screwed up (again!).  I must confess that I used dry vermouth instead of sweet. However, the drink was quite good. I would order the drink as I mixed it but I will mix it correctly tomorrow night and re-evaluate.

I sure hope professional bartenders don't have my problems with reading recipes and then mixing them correctly.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment