Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Blood-and-Sand Cocktail (corrected)





I revisited the cocktail from last night - since I had mistakenly used Dry instead of Sweet Vermouth.
The drink made with Sweet Vermouth was much sweeter and, although tasty, was not quite as good as the version made with Dry Vermouth, in my humble opinion.

Either version is worth having as an enjoyable cocktail in a restaurant.

And how about those neat glasses.



Blood-and Sand Cocktail

(this is the same recipe as last night - I just grabbed the bottle of Dry Vermouth instead of Sweet Vermouth. Tonight I used the Sweet Vermouth!).


Recipe:


1 tablespoon orange juice
1/2 oz Scotch (Dewar's White Label)
1/2 oz Cherry Brandy (LeRoux)
1/2 oz Sweet Vermouth (Martini & Rossi)

Shake with ice and strain into cocktail glass. I garnished with an orange slice and a cherry.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment