Monday, December 20, 2010

Black Hawk Cocktail

Christmas at the Cove - everything's brown and dreary!
But the drink is merry.

I chose a 'Black Hawk Cocktail' (on page 40 in the Bartender's Guide) for the day.  I don't usually care for Sloe Gin, but it mellowed the whiskey in this drink beautifully. The drink was very tasty.

All in all a nice drink that I would reorder if I were paying for it.

The recipe:

1 1/4 oz Whiskey (Old Forester)
1 1/4 oz Sloe Gin (LeRoux)

Stir with ice and strain into cocktail glass. No garnish was specified but I served the drink with a cherry.

I also mixed a second drink tonight (I was thirsty after a physical therapy appointment). For that I selected a Southern Comfort Manhattan, again. But, this time I refined the recipe some and enjoyed it much more than reported previously.

The (new) recipe (not from the Bartender's Guide):

2 oz. Southern Comfort
1/2 oz Sweet Vermouth (Martini & Rossi - I ran out of Noilly Prat)

Shake with ice and strain into cocktail glass. Serve with a cherry.

 Maybe it was the change in Vermouth but the cocktail was better than the one prepared last week!


To your health!

No comments:

Post a Comment