Thursday, December 16, 2010

Southern Comfort Manhattan Cocktail

Today was a very nice day; temperatures in the 70's, soft winds, sunshine, and my first time back at the driving range in a year. What else could you ask?

Today we had a 'Southern Comfort Manhattan Cocktail' (not found in the Bartender's Guide). This is a drink I was introduced to years ago by a gentleman in Atlanta (back in the days of the 3 martini lunches!). It is a very good Christmas season drink.

The recipe:

2 oz. Southern Comfort (I use 80 proof)
1/2 to 3/4 oz. Sweet Vermouth (Noilly Prat)
Dash or two of Marschino juice

Stir with ice and strain into cocktail glass.
I garnished with an orange slice and a cherry.

I'll probably have this drink another time or two over the Christmas holiday.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment