Monday, January 3, 2011

Hole-In-One Cocktail

Tonight I chose a 'Hole-In-One Cocktail' on page 97 of my Bartender's Guide.  With thoughts of my return to the golf course after hip surgery, this one sounded appropriate.

The recipe:

1 1/4 oz Scotch (Dewar's White Label)
3/4 oz Dry Vermouth (Noilly Prat)
1/4 teaspoon lemon juice
1 dash Orange Bitters (Fee Bros.)

Shake with ice and strain into cocktail glass. I garnished it with an orange slice.

I thought the drink was pretty good but Olga didn't care much for it. Of course I do like scotch. I would have this one again.

One note: the recipe in the guide just specified "vermouth". I researched it on the internet to try to determine whether sweet or dry was called for. I finally found one reference for "dry", which I used. Does anyone have any better info?

Salud!

No comments:

Post a Comment