Monday, November 1, 2010

Jim Cocktail

We were at our neighbors' house tonight at 5 PM - sitting on their porch watching the rain come down.  I didn't have my Bartender's Guide with me - so I raided my neighbors liquor cabinet and mixed a strange, new (to us, anyway) cocktail.
It was named it for my neighbor, since he supplied the booze. 

The recipe, generally:

1 oz. Rum (Bacardi Light)
1 oz. Gin (Seagram's)

1 1/2 Teaspoons Cremé de Cacoa (LeRoux)
1/2 oz. Dry Vermouth (Noilly Prat)

Shake with ice and strain into cocktail glass.

It was good, but not great.  We tried it again, but without the Cremé de Cacoa.  I think it needed a splash of fresh lemon juice maybe, but it was better than the first one. It needs some refinement. My apologies if I've reproduced someone's cocktail inadvertently!

Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment