Sunday, November 7, 2010

Froupe Cocktail

Olga searched for the origin of a 'Froupe Cocktail'  but had no luck. 
It was not the "best-of-the-best cocktail, at least for Olga and me.  The sweet vermouth taste was a bit overwhelming. 
We had it as an after-dinner cocktail, so I guess the sweetness was appropriate.
We dined at our new restaurant at the golf club after our Sunday tennis game and waited til after for our cocktail.

To mix a 'Froupe Cocktail' (page no.84 from the Bartender's Guide):

1 1/2 oz Sweet Vermouth (Noilly Prat)
1 1/2 oz Brandy (E&J XO)
1 teaspoon Benedictine

Stir with ice and strain into cocktail glass.

(I garnished with an orange slice)

For those kind enough to visit my blog, please know that I will probably be off-line for about a month; I'm having surgery and taking a medication which alcohol affects. Although "Shirley Temples" and "Virgin Marys" have been mentioned, I think I'll wait until I can do the real thing!

A bientot.




No comments:

Post a Comment