Thursday, January 20, 2011

Blue Bird Cocktail (with Booth's Gin) and Cabaret Cockatil




I mixed the 'Blue Bird Cocktail' using Booth's Gin tonight.
It certainly was not as enjoyable as the drink last night when I used the Old Tom Gin.

The  recipe from page 43 of the Bartender's Guide:

1 1/2 oz Gin (Booth's)
1/2 oz Triple Sec (LeRoux)
1 dash Bitters

Stir with ice cubes and strain into cocktail glass.
Add a twist of lemon peel and a cherry.







I really enjoy Gin - Old Tom or Booth's- so I mixed a second cocktail for us tonight - a 'Cabaret Cocktail'  using Old Tom Gin.

I found this cocktail on page 54 of the Bartender's Guide

1 1/2 oz Gin (Hayman's Old Tom)
2 dashes Bitters
1/2 teaspoon Dry Vermouth (Noilly Prat)
1/4 teaspoon Benedictine

Stir with ice and strain into cocktail glass.  Serve with a cherry.

This drink was a favorite; very good. I would pay for an repeat!

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment