Sunday, January 2, 2011

Bloody Mary Cocktail

Tonight we chose a 'Bloody Mary Cocktail'.  My great son-in-law gave me an Absolut Vodka/Bloody Mary kit and it was a good night to use it. Those of you who don't live in Louisiana need to look for a mix called ZingZang for your Bloody Marys.  It is the best!

The recipe I used was loosely based on the Bloody Mary cocktail shown on page no. 42 of the Bartender's Guide.





The Recipe:

1 1/2 oz Vodka (Absolut)
3 oz. Bloody Mary mix (Zing Zang)
1 Dash Lemon Juice (Meyer)
1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1 tsp Horseradish (Prepared)

Shake (well) with ice and strain into old-fashioned glass over ice cubes. A wedge of lime may be added.

As can be seen, I used a taller glass along with a lemon wedge! The drink was excellent. We shared the drink with our neighbors who also really enjoyed it. Since I have a lot of mix and vodka, I will definitely have more of these.

No comments:

Post a Comment