Wednesday, August 4, 2010

English Rose Cocktail


Day 9 of my adventure...
Tonight it's an 'English Rose Cocktail' - found on page 77 in the Bartender's Guide.

My assistant is my eldest grandson; he reads the recipes for me!

We're still at the beach, and I found a great lemon squeezer at the house we are renting.  It is an antique - made by Irvin Company.  I found it on E-bay and will try to buy one when we get home.

Back to the important stuff:
Recipe for English Rose:

1 1/2 oz Gin (Booth's)
3/4 oz Apricot Brandy (LeRoux)
3/4 oz Dry Vermouth (Noilly Prat)
1 tsp Grenadine (I used slightly less)
1/4 tsp lemon juice

Prepare rim of glass by rubbing with lemon and dipping in sugar.
Shake all ingredients with ice and strain into cocktail glass.
Serve with a cherry.

This one was good. I rated it 8 out of 10, a keeper.

No comments:

Post a Comment