Thursday, October 28, 2010

Bombay Cocktail

We had several friends over to enjoy tonight's cocktail with us.  I picked a 'Bombay Cocktail' to fix.  One of our guests didn't care for the licorice taste of the Absinthe, so I got a Scotch (Macallan Single Malt, of course) and water for him. That he liked!

The recipe (page no. 45 from the Bartender's Guide):

1/2 oz Dry Vermouth (Noilly Prat)
1/2 oz Sweet Vermouth (Noilly Prat)
1 oz Brandy (St. Remy)
1/4 teaspoon Absinthe (La Fee)
1/2 teaspoon Triple Sec (LeRoux)

Stir with ice and strain into cocktail glass.

Earlier I fixed a big pot of Pastalaya (recipe courtesy of Kenny Wells), so we had a great snack with our drink.

I enjoyed the drink, as did our guests, although I could tell it was not one they would seek out again. Oh, well ...

No comments:

Post a Comment