Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Ante Cocktail

Winter in south Louisiana is really here; it was 27 degrees last night and is supposed to be below freezing for the next 3 nights with a chance of a "wintry mix" precipitation tomorrow. Plus, most schools have cancelled classes for tomorrow already.

I guess temps in the 30's means I should forego golf!

The cocktail for this cold evening is an 'Ante Cocktail'.  It turned out to be an improbably good drink (at least for what I was expecting). I'm not a fan of Dubonnet but it melded very well with the other ingredients in the drink and produced a very tasty concoction.

I recommend it and will repeat it in the future!

The recipe (page no. 32 in the Bartender's Guide):

1 oz Apple Brandy (Laird's)
1/2 oz Triple Sec (LeRoux)
1 oz Dubonnet

Stir well with cracked ice and strain into cocktail glass.

I garnished with an orange slice and a twist of orange peel (had to use my new channel knife!).

Cheers and stay warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment