Thursday, July 29, 2010

Rose Cocktail -French Version

Three days ago we started working our way through Mr. Boston's Official Bartender's Guide- the 50th Anniversary Edition- in no particular order- (published 1984-material included comes from 1935 edition and forward)
I do hope to live long enough to complete my journey through the book.  I enjoy these drinks nightly with my wife of 49 years!

Tonight we picked  'Rose Cocktail - French Version'  to enjoy. (page #149)

The recipe:

Add to shaker filled with cracked ice

1/2 ounce Cherry Brandy (LeRoux)
1/2 ounce Dry Vermouth (Noilly Prat)
1 1/2 ounce Gin  (I used Booth's Gin tonight)

Gently swirl to chill and strain into cocktail glasses - makes one cocktail - of course we tripled recipe to fill 2 cocktail glasses!

Enjoy!

I found this very tasty - not as sweet as 'Kiss in the Dark' that I made last night. 
I will catch you up on the first 2 nights soon.

1 comment: